Thursday, August 30, 2012

#2

I have gone up and I have gone down. I have been blonde, red and brunette (and when much younger all sorts of colors that could only be summed up as having a crayon throw up on your hair). I am a creature of the NOW culture where you can have anything and everything. The problem with that is that its caught up with me.

Because of this lifestyle and now culture; I'm the barer of stretchmarks (without the title of being a heroic mother who's earned her stripes... I hate that saying), I have frizzy burnt out hair that's short and my body thinks I've picked up the next world war against it.  With all of those defenses up I've got to find a way to beat my body and mind into submission so that I can go to the beach without wondering what jokes people have come up with today about Shamu or how to "free Willy" back into the wild.

To start my journey I have decided to share this with all of you. Not only will I make you laugh, cry and possibly (painfully) have diet coke shoot out your nose; I hope to inspire others to have the courage to change regardless of how many times you've failed.

I've failed but I sure haven't given up yet and I have no intention. In the past either I wasn't committed or starving wasn't in the cards for a big girl like me; I know that I have to try something new because my old way of doing things has not worked right for me. Yet. 

Today I ordered the Bodymedia Link. For those of you that don't know what this is... I suggest goggling it. For me this is going to be a tool that I think will help me out big time. I'm a very competitive person and this new tool will allow me to compete with myself (and I'll be damned if I don't win). It'll log all of my calories consumed, burnt and my sleep cycle. Those are 3 very important things for weight loss and I am so excited to start.

My Link armband should be here in about five days, which to a big girl means... I've got five days to drink wine, have fun and eat out ;)  I know... those are 3 things that have gotten me to where I am today... but hey I did a 5k walk and went swimming for about 30mins. A girl like me deserves a little fun after all that ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment